Friday, February 1, 2008

HONEY GOT HER CALL!

about three months ago, my mama decided and announced that she wanted to serve an LDS mission, two months later her papers were in, and after the wait ... her call came, yesterday! She has been asked to serve in Charlotte, North Carolina for a period of 18 months. She heads to the MTC (mission training center) on the 14th of April. wow. so soon. I do have to say, that apprehensive bit I mentioned before ... it's fizzling. Previously, I really really wanted her to go foreign, but I've been experiencing a certain sense of excitement and relief that she'll be stateside. She will serve an "office" mission, which means there are soon to be lots and lots of lucky young missionaries. Well, everyone in Charlotte's about to get real lucky ... you instantly hit the jackpot when mama doherty is around. how I will miss her.

No comments: