Thursday, January 31, 2008

snowy slopes make for slippery ground.

I'm fairly certain we're going to be digging a hole out here pretty soon. Snow upon snow upon snow, and surprisingly, I'm loving it. We're loving it. Shall we say: Ben is definitely loving the new snowmobile.
Each morning Alasdair wakes up, kindly tugs on my lip until I wake up, and once officially roused I open the curtains to see what the weather entails. Most days it's either snowing or gray. Today, it was blue. blue. blue, which called for a near leap out of bed to get things started. coffee. playtime. breakfast. gear up, and we went on a nice ski + snowshoe (I'm still adjusting to the skiing bit and fear for Alasdair's well-being while on my chest, so I walked). Beautiful, so it was. After Ben and I walked around the lake, Alasdair and I continued on a circle up by the water shed.
The recent snow has been pretty dense, so the walking bit isn't too terribly difficult... just right, in fact. I love where I live. I love that I walk outside and suddenly I have the opportunity to ski or snowshoe however far I'd like ... while witnessing some of the most beautiful scenery in the Northwest (I think). And, there's silence. There we stood, surrounded by untouched, glistening snow, in silence. Aside from Morley's whimpers. No snowmobiles. No cars. Ni horns. Nay voices. It was lovely.
This life is lovely, I'll say.
To top it all off... throw Alasdair into the mix. The sweetest thing, ever. Here are a few photos from last night. He and Morley play really well together. Thank you, Morley. dats a ogoogogGGoOOod boy.


so, yes, life is grand. My mama should be getting her call any day now, and--I'll admit--I'm getting increasingly apprehensive. I am, however, psyched that she's going. Very, very psyched.

No comments: