Tuesday, August 21, 2007

reminiscent


maybe the hokey pokey is what it's all about.
a thought.

i'll miss boise, a lot. it began to set in this morning while alasdair and i were hanging out. i thought about my mom and how frequently we get together---we see her almost daily. it made me sad to think that the phone--and silly internet things like this--will be our most immediate form of contact, rather than driving ten minutes to see her in person to watch her facial inflections when she sees, touches and holds alasdair. to hear her laugh from the other room. i'll miss my mama, maybe too much.
if that's possible.

i put up another photo of our new home, with snow this time. the job? caretaking for the girl scouts on a 26-acre piece of land in the wasatch, just northeast of park city. snowmobile in. make lots of soup. bust out sewing supplies. read lots of books. write on this here blog thing. swim in the lake just below when it's thawed. enjoy winter sports: snowshoeing, skiing, hiking. enjoy the quiet--what's left of it. watch the boy grow up.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You could even dog-sled into the house!

dave said...

I can't believe your leaving Boise. You're one of the last people there, you're a staple, a boise must. But i have to say, I'm sooooooo jealous of where you'll be going. After I read your blog I tried to convince steph to let me drop out of dental school and go off and do something like that. What a dream!