Wednesday, October 17, 2007

coming home

The snow is coming. We woke this morning with a few inches. It's not supposed to stop until Friday, if then. We're settling into more of a routine--a routine that contradicts the nature of schedules, really. A routine that allows for flexibility, morning fires and playtime anytime of the day.
Ah, Ben just notified me with a weather update: snow until Sunday, with Friday being a chance of rain.
Alasdair and I went to Boise last week for a visit. Drove the car in hopes that mama can sell it. Flew home. Alasdair's first flight, and a fierce flyer he was. No crying. Lots of nursing. A little bit of play. Good man.
I left Boise feeling happy to be where we are now. I miss my family, I miss what friends I have---but this place, this isolated existence, is pretty heavenly. And, for once, I am in a place that feels like home.

1 comment:

Hopinion said...

That is awesome - home. It was really great to see you guys. We are well and plugging along in the rain. (Can't make a snowman in a rain puddle. Bummer) Bigs hugs to you and your guys. Talk with you soon! Hope