Wednesday, October 3, 2007

tradition

I want to start traditions and set goals and envision all of this coming to fruition within the year.
Thing is, I don't think traditions are necessarily discussed, or scheduled. Traditions become weekly, monthly, annual events because our lives fall into a place that welcomes good memories, paving way to build upon what we've already established.
Maybe I can't 'start' traditions after all. Bummer. See--thinking about it too much gets in the way. Were I to just do 'it,' 'it' would be done and may--if duly enjoyed--become tradition.
I talk about things too much, even if only in my head.
I think: I want to start a tradition. hmmm...tradition? What to do? We could mark the first day of each month and make sure we have a picnic lunch. maybe we should designate each october 2 as a day of rest, no chores--we play and rest today. maybe i could go outside and pick out a rock and dub it as 'special'---just because, and we could establish a tradition of picking out rocks to be dubbed as such.
no. traditions, or even 'special' rocks, don't come that easy. they create themselves and cannot be birthed outside of their own development. and in order for them to develop, one must be doing and observing, and most of all--enjoying. everything.
eventually something spectacular will have developed enough to be born and forever attached to our ways of living.
and that birthed beauty will become tradition.
ok, then.

No comments: